Jannah Christine King-Bolds
Fayetteville, GA 30214
Jbo0603@yahoo.com – (770)-757-3948
• Experienced in writing feature and news articles, short stories, annotated biographies, essays, editorial pieces, press releases, research reports, copy editing and creative print/radio ad copy.
• Well versed in reporting, video editing and state-of-the-art online and computer skills
• Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with virtually all writing styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published world.
INTEGRAL CHOICE | March 2016 – present
- Developed and maintained marketing initiatives
- Increased social media following and clicks by 130%
- Created and Managed drip marketing campaigns
- Spearheaded website management + Google Analytics tactics
Radio Show Host
ORANGE ROOM STUDIOS | OCT 2015 – present
- Prepared, Produced, and executed twice-weekly radio show: The Bold Opinion Show
- Grew social media presence of station and business
- Organize and manage staff members
- Schedule on-air interviews and plan remote events
Freelance Business News Reporter
B.E.N (Business and Employment News Network) New York, NY – Mar 2015 – Jun 2015
- Research story topics
- Schedule interviews with multiple sources
- Construct written pieces of 300 words or greater
- Submit stories along with visual elements to the editor in a timely manner.
- Capture photos with DSLR equipment to match stories
- Position covered business and employment news in the metro Atlanta area.
-Journalistic style of writing
-consciousness of time sensitive material
-Photojournalism practices with personal equipment
Self Employment – Atlanta, GA – Dec 2014 – Present
- Freelance photographer responsibilities
- Schedule appointments with clients
- Capture photos in specified locations
- Edit and upload files
-Knowledge of angles and lighting for perfect shot
Sports Reporter (internship)
Georgia Public Broadcasting – Atlanta, GA – Jun 2014 – Dec 2014
• Plan and schedule interviews with high school football teams and coaches.
• Capture photos and video then post to company website and social mediums.
• Worked with both Adobe and Final Cut editing systems.
-Knowledge of correct journalism practices
-Knowledge of timeliness
-Hard work in pursuit of a story
-Knowledge of correct equipment operation
Atlanta Interfaith Broadcasters – Atlanta, GA – April 2014 to July 2014
• Assisted Producers with on-air content.
• Worked in production studio with engineers while producing shows. Duties in studio include operating cameras, teleprompters, prop setup and lighting setup.
• Went on assignments and covered stories around the Metro Atlanta area.
• Worked with editors on editing shows and graphics.
The George-Anne – Statesboro, GA – Jun 2011 – Nov 2013
• Developed, implemented and hosted own GSU football pregame show. This was The George-Anne’s first ever sports broadcast.
• Supervised reporters on assignments.
• Operated field production equipment, including audio and video recording equipment.
Georgia Southern Network (GSN-99) – Statesboro, GA – Aug 2012 – Jul 2013
• Film, edit, video material using Adobe Audition and Premier to create a news package for the news station that aired weekly across the city of Statesboro.
• Conducted interviews, observed and researched upcoming events.
• Worked in the production room and studio with production staff.
• Assisted in anchoring duties.
The George-Anne – Statesboro, GA – Aug 2011 – Aug 2012
• Edit, rewrite, and proofread all articles for Georgia Southern’s student periodical, a bi-weekly publication targeting students and the surrounding area of Statesboro.
• Worked with volunteer writers (many of whom have no formal training in writing) to organize and refine articles.
• Assist with copy editing and advertising layout.
Masters of Communications in New Media and Marketing
Southern New Hampshire University 2016 – present
Bachelor of Science in Multimedia Communications
Georgia Southern University – Statesboro, GA December 2013
Associates of Arts
Journalism Georgia Perimeter College – Decatur, GA
Microsoft Office • Adobe • Video Editing Programs: Adobe Premiere, Audition • iMovie • IBM and Macintosh Systems
Computer Software Skills
Microsoft Office • Adobe • Video Editing Programs: Adobe Premiere, Audition • iMovie • IBM and Macintosh Systems • Familiar with Final Cut
- Sports Talk with The George-Anne
FOUNDER – AUGUST 2012
- The Bold Opinion
FOUNDER AND CEO – MARCH 2016