…And let me tell you why.
Quick recap though:
- Undefeated Welterweight, American boxer, Floyd “Money” Mayweather (AKA the short, arrogant, trash-talker)
- Irish Mixed Martial Arts fighter, Conor McGregor (AKA the slightly taller, arrogant, trash-talking ginger)
- So much trash talking happened that Floyd talked his way out of retirement, and McGregor, out of his own sport.
- Money $ Money $ and more Money $
- August 26th Match was formed
So the reason why McGregor will not win is because I guarantee you this competition is done solely for the payouts! We can clearly see that Floyd is about his greenback, with an allegedly estimated $100 million guarantee, while Conor’s rumored to pocket $30 million.
Although money motivates many, it isn’t the only reason why I believe the Irishman will not be victorious.
Put your thinking hats on for a moment…
If McGregor, an experienced MMA fighter, comes over and dethrones one of American history’s most successful boxers, the sports world would lose their minds! Not just from the initial shock that Mayweather would no longer have a perfect score card, but because that would be the beginning of a new dynamic to everything combative sport related!
Sounds like one hell of a bragging right for McGregor fans, but I’m almost certain the American Boxing Association (ABA) and any other affiliate DO NOT want to diminish reputations and change the game for ever. There are reasons why there are different fighting leagues to begin with!
Can you imagine that though? Just think about what doors that could potentially open AND close under the combative sports umbrella.
If McGregor wins, which again, I seriously doubt, it will shift A LOT around for combat sports from here on out.
We aren’t ready for all that.
Take the poll, leave your Bold Opinion, and share!
Written by Jannah B
Image credit: mirror.co.uk